Plasma Treated MDI Canisters
Plasma Technology from H&T Presspart
H&T Presspart has developed a revolutionary sub-micron plasma technology process for treating the internal surface of metered-dose inhaler canisters.
The H&T Presspart plasma treatment process improves the surface energy properties of an MDI canister, thus helping to prevent the active content of a drug formulation adhering to the canister wall. This ensures that the patient receives the prescribed dose and solves an inherent problem present within many of today’s metered dose inhalers.
There is also the added benefit of enhanced drug stability performance, in formulations where interactions with the aluminium substrate can lead to product degradation and reduced shelf life.
Advantages of H&T Presspart’s plasma treatment for metered dose inhaler canisters:
- Uses ultra-pure monomers (99.99% purity).
- No solvents or other waste products produced.
- No resulting extractable or leachable material.
- Canisters are cleaned during the plasma process.
- Surface treatment fully replicates the contours of the canister.
- Low surface energy polymerised nanolayer for high degree of repellency.
- Scalable volume process with excellent cycle to cycle repeatability.
- No need for post treatment baking at high temperature.